3rd Line Support Analyst
We are currently recruiting for a Third Line Support Analyst to join our information technology team based at our Bristol HQ .
Reporting to the IT Technical Support Team Leader and as a member of the Service Delivery Team you will hold responsibility for the provision of second and third line support services within core service hours, plus out-of-hours emergency second/third line support on an on-call rota basis. You will also hold responsibility for support, maintenance and troubleshooting of applications, IT services and end-user compute technologies. Acting as the point of escalation from the IT Service Desk Team and the IT Second Line Support Analysts to resolve incidents and service requests you will deal with complex service requests in accordance with IT Service Delivery Team standards and procedures.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
You will operate as an IT Third Line Support Analyst within the IT Service Delivery Team and you will be expected to deliver the following:
- Providing third line IT Support to the firm, the firm’s clients and third party suppliers during the required hours:
- Working shifts as assigned by the IT Technical Support Team Leader during core hours (08:00 - 18:00, Monday – Friday)
- Providing out-of-hours support as part of the out of hours rota
- Responding to out-of-hours emergencies such as major incidents, IT security incidents and BCP / DR invocations as required by the Crisis Management Team
- Occasional weekend and evening work as required for planned and unplanned maintenance and project delivery tasks
- Attending the firm’s offices around the UK from time to time to provide on-site diagnosis and support, and to undertake planned and unplanned maintenance and project tasks
- Responding to emails and requests logged via the IT Service Management tool::
- Updating all incidents and service requests assigned to the IT Third Line Support Analysts in the ITSM tool, ensuring appropriate detail is captured and updated through the lifecycle of each incident or request in accordance IT Service Delivery Team standards and procedures
- Taking ownership of incidents and service requests, and following IT Service Delivery Team procedures to assign them to the correct individual, team or third-party supplier
- Responding in a professional manner and delivering excellent customer service at all times
- Dealing with incidents and service requests effectively in order to meet individual and team SLAs, OLAs and KPIs
- Proactively dealing with new incidents and services requests and seeking to progress existing ones in a timely manner
- Acting as the point of escalation from the IT Service Desk Team and the IT Second Line Support Analysts to resolve incidents and service requests:
- Investigating incidents and using the knowledgebase and documentation to troubleshoot and to provide resolutions or workarounds in order minimise the impact on the individual and the firm’s business
- Dealing with complex service requests in accordance with IT Service Delivery Team standards and procedures
- Escalating incidents and service requests to third party suppliers as required and managing the supplier to ensure the incident or service request is resolved
- Escalating incidents and service requests to the IT Technical Support Team Leader, the IT Service Delivery Manager or to the appropriate individual, team leader, manager or another team where the incident or service request cannot be resolved by the IT Technical Support Team
- Escalating incidents and services requests to the IT Technical Support Team Leader or the IT Service Delivery Manager where an SLA or OLA has been or is likely to be breached
- Undertaking operational tasks to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all IT services:
- Monitoring application, servers and service availability, capacity and performance
- Undertaking routine operational tasks and planned maintenance tasks on applications, servers and services
- Monitoring, investigating and responding to IT security incidents and undertaking routine IT security tasks
- Working with the PMO, project teams and the IT Infrastructure & Applications Team to plan, test, implement and undertake formal Service Transition processes for all IT elements of projects as required by the IT Technical Support Team Leader:
- Undertaking project tasks to implement, change test and decommission IT systems and services, e.g. desktop builds, application packaging, deployment and support, mobile device management, deployment and support
- Providing advice, training, documentation and technical support for projects
- Making recommendations on selection, upgrade and replacement of IT systems and services
- Learning about new IT systems and services to enable the firm to adopt them successfully
- The IT Third Line Support Analyst must comply with the following by adhering to IT Service Delivery Team processes and procedures as advised by the IT Technical Support Team Leader:
- The SRA Handbook
- Contractual and license agreements entered in to with clients and suppliers
- Other relevant standards or best practice
- Sharing information with the IT Service Desk Team and the wider IT Team:
- Updating the IT Service Desk knowledgebase as appropriate
- Participating in problem management reviews
- Updating IT Asset Management systems and other tools with physical and software asset information and associated Configuration Items
- Writing operational and troubleshooting procedures and preparing and updating technical documentation
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience of working in both customer-facing and technical IT roles from first to second or third line.
- Excellent customer service skills, telephone manner and written communication skills working with people at all levels
- Ability to remain calm, professional and to deal diplomatically with demanding customers in difficult / pressurised situations
- End-user compute delivery and support, including desktop builds, application packaging, deployment and support, mobile device management, deployment and support.
- Broad experience of end-user and operational support of technologies and services currently used by the firm, including:
- Microsoft desktop and server technologies, e.g. Windows Server Operating Systems, Windows Desktop Operating Systems (2007 – 2010), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange, Skype for Business, Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, etc.
- Legal applications, e.g. SOS Connect, Solcase, iManage (client and server), BigHand, Laserforms, HotDocs, etc.
- Infrastructure and related services, e.g. VMWare (virtualisation and VDI), MimeCast, Symantec Anti-Virus, Palo Alto firewalls, HP & Cisco Networking, Mitel Telephony, BES, Mobile Iron, Video Conferencing and Audio-Visual Equipment, etc.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.