Associate 4+ PQE - Financial Services Regulation
TLT’s financial regulation group has grown significantly in recent years to become one of the largest financial regulation practices in the UK with lawyers located in London and the regions, combining contentious and non-contentious support with regulatory matters:
- The team has a very strong reputation for retail financial services regulation (including regulated lending and banking, consumer credit and mortgages) and pensions regulatory matters. The team is ranked Tier 3 in Chambers and Partners for Consumer Finance. The team is currently growing and developing its wider regulatory practice.
- In addition to its focus on the retail financial services sector, the team has a growing wider financial regulation practice. This practice covers wealth and asset management, and funds and funds management.
- The team is highly ambitious and hard-working. Our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven. The financial regulation practice sits within the wider Financial Services Disputes and Investigations Team.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
You will operate as an experienced Associate within the Financial Services Regulation Team including:
- Providing strategic and commercial legal advice across a range of financial regulation matters, including matters which are high-value, reputationally sensitive, and can involve working to tight deadlines
- Providing support and guidance to junior lawyers and assisting with their technical and professional development
- Being a senior member of the financial regulation team and actively working with the partners to set the strategy for the team and continue to grow and develop the team and its specialist practice areas
- Developing strong working relationships with contacts at key financial services clients
- Being a ‘go-to’ person in one or more areas within financial regulation
- Actively engaging in business development activities with clients and potential clients, particularly in working alongside the partners to grow and develop the team.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
We are seeking an Associate (4 – 8 PQE) to join our team, with excellent prospects for career development. Anyone taking up this role can expect the have the opportunity to play a significant part in developing our practice and continuing its upward trajectory.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Expert knowledge of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000; the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and all associated regulations and secondary legislation; the FCA Handbook and the supporting legal regulatory framework
- Experience in advising and supporting clients on advisory, product design, launch and distribution, terms and conditions reviews, and FCA/PRA notifications and engagement
- A real and genuine interest in financial services regulation and in particular the retail financial services sector
- Experience of building strong client relationships and good commercial awareness.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.