Associate - Clean Energy
We are currently recruiting for an Associate to join our Energy & Renewables team in Bristol. The Energy & Renewables team is part of our Real Estate Group, which presently includes over 27 partners and more than 50 other lawyers, with a total compliment in excess of 180. The Energy, Financial Services and Public Sector Team are one of seven teams within the Real Estate Group.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
As an Associate your day to day remit will include:
- Dealing with drafting option agreements and leases on a wide range of clean energy projects (including wind, solar, battery storage, electric vehicles and hydro).
- Undertaking due diligence on these projects to include a review of title, enquiries and searches.
- Acting in relation to the financing of clean energy projects and large scale acquisitions/disposals which will involve working with individuals in our corporate, banking, construction, planning and regulatory disciplines.
- There will plenty of opportunity for client contact, running own files and early responsibility for delivery of transactions etc.
- Providing support in relation to other aspects of work undertaken in the team including landlord and tenant work, corporate support and public sector work.
- To provide all our clients with a quality service in accordance with the Firm’s procedures.
- To maintain and improve relations with existing clients and spot opportunities for business development and enhancement of the current services we offer.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Real Estate experience is essential.
- Good eye for detail.
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload.
- High standards of client service essential.
- Excellent communication skills - high volume of interaction via the telephone.
- Good IT skills.
- Enthusiastic & team approach to working.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.