Associate / Legal Director - Corporate
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior solicitor to join our growing Corporate team in Manchester working with major clients across a range of Corporate transactions, including corporate acquisitions and disposals, management buy-outs/ins and private equity and venture capital investments.
The successful candidate will advise a range of clients from large listed and unlisted companies, PE/VC backed companies, mid-market PE investors, venture capital firms, ambitious management teams and founder shareholders and leading on strategically important transactions.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
As an Associate / Legal Director you will deliver the following:
- Work at a senior level and lead transactions which typically divide into the strategic advice and lead negotiations key documents and project management
- Work at a high level on a wide variety of matters, including acting on M&A, private equity and public equity transactions for listed corporates
- Work as part of a close knit, highly flexible team, in which there are no rigid sub-teams with all team members working with each other on a range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions and company reorganisations / joint ventures / venture capital. A specific client service team is created for each transaction, blending available skills.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A senior solicitor with in excess of 5 years PQE and a strong academic background
- Ideally working for a highly regarded corporate team
- Confidence to lead team to deliver pragmatic and to provide first class advice to clients at the highest level
- Excellent drafting and communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and logic skills to ensure the logical arrangement of materials and the optimum order of events in a complex process
- The ability to juggle a busy workload
- Demonstrates first class communication skills (both oral and written) and be a strong teamwork communicator with the ability and confidence to engage with clients at board level
- Be enthusiastic and flexible with a team approach to working
- Have the drive and ambition to succeed as part of the senior team at TLT
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.