Associate / Legal Director - Financial Services Investigations
We are currently recruiting for an Associate/Legal Director to join our FSDI team in Bristol. This is one of the few teams outside London to specialise in contentious work for a wide range of financial institutions. Our clients include the UK's major banks, niche mortgage and unsecured lenders, building societies, international banks with offices in the City, payment service providers and title insurers.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Associate/Legal Director you will deliver the following:
- Being a key point of contact for one or more strategic clients and being a trusted business advisor to clients. Providing quality service, supporting the client relationship and helping to secure ongoing business.
- Providing competent strategic and commercial legal advice across a range of disputes, including in relation to matters which are high-value, reputationally sensitive, and which can involve short-notice applications.
- Managing and supervising a group of solicitors and legal assistants and ensuring they hit their key performance targets. Developing and encourages others through support, coaching, guidance and constructive feedback.
- Running a caseload for key financial services clients including clearing banks, private banks, building societies and/or niche lenders.
- Delivering profitable and quality results both for the firm and clients through continued focus on improvement and innovation.
- Being a ‘go-to’ person in one or more areas within financial service litigation.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified solicitor with a minimum of six years post qualified experience. Should be from a top 100 law firm, with commercial experience.
- An ability and enthusiasm to implement highly targeted and effective business development initiatives.
- Prior supervision experience is essential. Experience of managing and developing a team desirable.
- Experience in acting in the financial services sector in contentious matters.
- Thorough understanding of the CPR and the litigation process.
- Willingness to invest time in others to develop more junior team members.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.