Regulatory Associate / Legal Director
We are recruiting for a regulatory associate or legal director to join our commercial team in Manchester, we provide our clients with a complete service that covers all aspects of regulatory law, from commercially based compliance advice right through to protecting the interests of companies or individuals facing regulatory investigation or prosecution.
You will be a commercial regulatory solicitor with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience or equivalent. You will have worked in a leading practice with a proven track record of supporting organisations with regulatory advice.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of associate you will deliver the following:
- contentious and non-contentious work within commercial health and safety, environmental, fire and food.
- work within trading law, for example product liability, advertising and promotional standard's issues
- provide advice within commercial investigations, inquests and enquiries.
- advisory and advocacy work within white collar fraud, financial compliance and crime
- work closely with our clients to keep them abreast with any relevant regulatory development in their sector
- provide bespoke training to ensure that client staff fully understand regulatory risks and are able to make commercial decisions within this framework.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A Commercial Regulatory Solicitor with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Excellent knowledge of anti-bribery, corruption and money laundering
- Adaptable and willing to learn and advise clients on new areas of work
- Strong client handling skills
- Experience of advising financial services firms; public sector clients; and regulated utilities on various aspects of governance, regulatory compliance and areas of consumer protection and market regulation, as well as regulatory and other disclosures.
- This role may be suitable for a candidate looking to step up from 5PQE associate to legal director immediately or looking for this move in the short-term.
- Ideally you will come from a City or large Regional law firm with well recognised expertise, a leading practice with a proven track record of supporting organisations with commercial transactions.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.