We are recruiting for a Bids Manager to join our Business Development team in Bristol. This is an exciting opportunity to join a bids and tenders team who have a strong track record of winning new business using efficient and structured processes. The team work with both public and private sector organisations across our core sectors of Financial Services, Public Sector, Technology, Media and Telecoms, Leisure, Energy & Renewables and Housing. We have recently been appointed to some of the most prestigious public sector legal panels across our national footprint creating an excellent opportunity for a Bids Manager with Public Sector experience to deliver extensive growth in this sector.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Bids Manager your day to day remit includes;
- Develop a deep knowledge of TLTs offering and why we are different - by immersing yourself in the business of TLT and understanding our core sectors, clients and service lines.
- Produce tender analysis informing management information and reporting from all opportunities.
- Interpreting requirements and advising bid teams on strategy/approach.
- Writing compelling copy for proposals.
- Maintaining and updating a bid library of precedent text for tenders.
- Project managing tenders from opportunity assessment stage through to drafting, submission, post submission feedback and reporting.
- Managing bid team input at all levels in the business.
- Preparing teams for presentations and pitches to clients.
- Managing the continuous development of systems and processes to assist tender production.
- Working with the firm’s pricing team to develop pricing strategy
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Excellent organisational and project management skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines.
- Interacting, working and communicating confidently with a wide range of colleagues both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent spelling and grammar and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Solid technical/IT understanding.
- An understanding of the regulatory environment would be advantageous.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.