Business Analyst - 12 Month FTC
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Produce robust business cases and support the production of project plans, resource requirements and delivery of products to enable the realisation of business benefits Use appropriate business analysis activities throughout the project lifecycle to achieve the required outcomes.
- Identify and deliver successful business analysis products within different business change frameworks and environments e.g. agile, waterfall, projects and programmes.
- Identify and document business requirements using a range of business analysis techniques including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, and task and workflow analysis.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal clients to analyse information, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Drive and challenge business teams on their assumptions of how the solution will meet their needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology and external suppliers. Serve as a link between the client and the project team.
- Work with requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria to create test scripts, plans and scenarios.
- Co-ordinate user acceptance tests ensuring participants undertake test duties to established standards.
- Support peers and junior team members to deliver business analysis products of a high standard throughout the project lifecycle.
- To proactively support project managers to manage, plan, structure and lead projects. Take responsibility for delivery and support the enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- As the need arises, there may be occasions where this role may, for example, be required to carry out other tasks that would more often be the responsibility of the project manager and it is an expectation that all at TLT will be flexible to ensure successful delivery.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience of legal industry would be desirable.
- Experience of document management systems or case management systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret the (predominantly internal) client's business needs and translate them into business/operational/IT requirements.
- Ability to extract and document business processes and identify where improvements can be made, garnering stakeholder buy in, sign off and understanding through the process.
- Excellent excel, good visio and Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to understand, appreciate and adapt to different working styles and patterns to get the most out of the project team and project contributors.
- Good technical/IT understanding, including data mapping.
- End-to-end experience of the project lifecycle in both agile and waterfall models.
- Proven experience writing specifications for IT systems/requirements.
- Proven experience interacting, working and communicating directly with end users at all levels of an organisation.
- Experience of testing phases would be an advantage.
- Ability to support planning process in project team, and takes on responsibility and commitment to delivery deadlines.
- Self-starter with good time management skills, planning ability and ability to manage prioritisation of conflicting deadlines and expectations.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.