Business Development Executive – Commercial Service Group and Digital sector
We are recruiting for a Business Development Executive to join our Business Development team in Bristol. You will be carrying out a full range of business development tasks including event, marketing communications and client development.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
This role will be supporting the development of our Commercial Services group and Digital sector. The key activities are detailed below.
Planning and budgeting
Planning – support BD Manager (BDM) in developing and delivering annual BD/marketing plans and strategic three-year business plans.
BD budget management – manage BD budgets by recording spend, processing invoices, checking budget reports and flagging areas that are under/over spending.
Cross-sell services to current clients – capture opportunities with key/strategic clients and those in our focus sectors and ensure agreed actions are carried out.
Target new business opportunities – support BDM in planning, delivering and following up on direct marketing activities in key regions.Proposals & bids – create the first draft of bids and pitch presentations
Pitch precedent materials – maintain a library of pitch precedent material to ensure that high quality proposals and bids can be pulled together quickly and efficiently.
New product development – support BDM in identifying and promoting products (eg creating product brochures, running events, etc.) and managing sales campaigns.
- Build a network of contacts – build relationships with intermediaries through BD/marketing activities and use these to share communications and generate profile raising opportunities for TLT.
- Client development support – maintain a list of priority clients and support the BDM and Client Relationship Partners in developing these relationships, drawing on best practice from our Client Programme.
- Event planning – support BDM in developing an annual programme of events, drawing on feedback from past events, market/competitor research and event best practice. Create event plans for specific events and develop mailing lists.
- Thought leadership campaigns – support the delivery of campaigns that demonstrate TLT's legal and market knowledge to generate profile and new business leads.
- Marketing literature – deliver the required marketing literature, working with our Brand Manager and our external copywriters and designers.
- Website and social media – Encourage teams to contribute to the firm’s website and support them in using social media channels.
- Legal updates and other publications – support the communication of legal updates and publications by identifying/developing mailing lists for email distribution.
- Podcasts – support the creation and promotion of podcasts.
- Intranet - update and maintain the relevant sections of our intranet, draft internal news articles and post content on our intranet.
- CSG internal update/newsletter – collate content from across the Commercial Services Group (eg client wins, work highlights, training, insights, events, etc.) and create a first draft for review and sign-off.
- Referees - manage the process of collating and submitting referees to legal directories.
- Submissions - Create the first draft of directory submissions by collating work examples and updating the additional information requested by the directories
- Event promotion – promote events through email marketing, TLT's website, social media channels and internal communications.
- Event delivery – book rooms/catering, support the development of presentations, manage external speakers and attend events to manage registration, support the use of technology (eg Slido and video) and capture content for post-event communications.
- Event evaluation – Create and distribute post event surveys and conduct analysis to assist in determining the return on investment.
- External events - Booking attendance at external BD networking events and undertake evaluation from attendees in determining the return on investment.
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduate or equivalent, with experience of BD/marketing in a professional services environment would provide a useful background for this role.
- A knowledge of legal services would be advantageous.
- Experience of planning, managing and delivering events or a strong willingness to develop these skills would be beneficial.
- Good organisational and project management skills – able to multi-task, strong time management skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills – particularly the ability draft clear and concise business copy for web, social, proposals, internal comms, etc.
- Enthusiastic, confident, pro-active, persistent and robust.
- Good humoured and positive outlook.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, email marketing software (eg Vuture) and CRM Systems (eg InterAction).
Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.