Business Development Executive – Financial Services Sector
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Executive to join our business development team based at our Bristol HQ.
This is a great opportunity to develop a broad range of business development skills and experience in the fast moving and growing Financial Services Sector.
The role will involve providing day-to-day, hands-on marketing and BD support for Financial Services Sector which comprises around 300 fee earners across all UK offices.
You will work closely with the Financial Services Senior Business Development Manager and Senior Business Development Executive, lawyers and the wider BD team to co-ordinate and support BD initiatives and client relationships.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience working within a partnership and professional services environment.
Working as part of the team on the development of marketing campaigns to support the growth of the financial services sector nationally including:
- Using social media and other digital channels.
- Creating client newsletters and other digital mailings (HTML).
- Keeping intranet and web pages up-to-date for the financial services sector.
- Assisting on internal communications to raise awareness of sector news, initiatives and succesess.
- Creating marketing materials – digital and print – for the sector and relevant services and ensuring these are kept up-to-date.
Revenue generation and proposals support
- Working as part of a team on sector business development plans to help keep client and target information up to date, and providing research on new targets.
- Attending team meetings and assisting with keeping marketing plans updated and following up on actions.
- Working with the team on proposals and presentations to support new sales opportunities.
- Ensuring standard content about the sector and fee earner profiles are kept up-to-date.
- Working on an active calendar of events, particularly in London, including sector conferences and training events, hosted events, corporate hospitality and internal events. Some travel to other offices may be required.
- Working with industry bodies to assist in joint events and other marketing initiatives.
- Previous experience of InterAction and Vuture would be useful but training will be given.
Client relationship management
- Assisting with the development of client plans and implementing actions from client team meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Graduate or equivalent, ideally with experience in a professional services environment.
- Enthusiastic, confident, pro-active, persistent and robust.
- Good organisational skills – able to multi-task (especially urgent requests), strong time management skills.
- Excellent written, creative and interpersonal skills and gains respect and credibility quickly.
- Able to work well under pressure and support on major projects to completion.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information quickly and an interest in learning.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Experience of Interaction, particularly the use of mailing lists, creating and maintaining
- Experience of Vuture for event management and client mailings.
- Experience of designing marketing materials and a good eye for detail.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance