Business Development Coordinator – Financial Services
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Executive, this is a permanent opportunity based from our Bristol office
The role will involve providing day-to-day, hands-on marketing and BD support for Financial Services Sector which comprises around 300 fee earners across all UK offices.
You will work closely with the Financial Services Senior Business Development Manager and Senior Business Development Executive, lawyers and the wider BD team to drive and support marketing initiatives.
The successful candidate will have experience working within a partnership and professional services environment, preferably in a law firm, on marketing activities.
Business development for the Financial Services sector
- Working as part of the team to implement the Financial Services BD plan to support the growth of the financial services sector nationally.
- Working on a variety of sub-sector and team business development plans and attending team meetings to progress these.
- Working with Business Development Managers on proposals and presentations to support new sales opportunities.
- Managing marketing communications by creating credentials documents, sector reports, e-marketing updates, website content, legal directory and award submissions and managing social media channels.
- Working with the team on the development of marketing campaigns.
- Creating and managing internal communications materials including regular newsletters, intranet articles and sector reports.
- Assisting in the running of events across our UK locations including sector conferences and training events, hosted events, corporate hospitality and internal events.
- Activities include all aspects of event management such as mailing list creation, design of invitations and programme, development of marketing materials and presentations, liaising with suppliers and speakers, event reporting and follow up.
- Previous experience of InterAction and Vuture would be useful but training will be given.
- Some travel to other offices may be required, particularly London
- Assisting with the development of client plans and implementing actions from client team meetings to help grow client relationships and win new work.
- Working closely with industry bodies to develop our relationships, sponsorship opportunities and on events and other activities.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Graduate or equivalent and experience of business development, marketing communications and/or events in a professional services environment.
- Enthusiastic, confident, pro-active, persistent and robust.
- Good organisational skills – able to multi-task (especially urgent requests), strong time management skills.
- Excellent written and creative skills with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and gains respect and credibility quickly.
- Able to work well under pressure and support on major projects to completion.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information quickly and have an interest in learning.
- Experience of Interaction, particularly the use of mailing lists, creating and maintaining.
- Experience of Vuture for event management and client mailings.
- Experience of designing marketing materials and a good eye for detail.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance