Business Development Manager (BDM) - Bristol
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development team in Bristol. You will be working closely with lawyers and the wider Business Development team across our national network of offices, providing hands-on marketing and Business Development support and advice to drive initiatives and client relationships forward. Your focus will be our Clean Energy sector and delivering our Clean Energy sector plan.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Business Development Manager your day to day remit includes:
- Providing hands-on marketing and BD support and advice to drive BD initiatives and client relationships forward. The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of the Clean Energy sector and will be responsible for delivering the Clean Energy sector plan and the plan for one other sector group (to be confirmed).
- Strategic planning – plan and deliver BD and marketing activities for two of the firm's national sector groups (Clean Energy and one other).
- Client development - support our client development programme, working with our Client Development team and relevant Client Relationship Partners to develop client plans.
- Market intelligence - work with our Knowledge Management team to produce and share client and market analysis and read relevant sector updates to keep abreast of the latest market developments.
- Lead generation – use thought leadership campaigns, industry events, sector updates and social media activity to generate new business leads.
- Sales pipeline management – actively manage a pipeline of targets, ensuring that we use BD activities to develop relationships and convert as many opportunities as possible.
- Proposals/bids – lead the development of proposals/bids and presentations in your sectors.
- Networking – meet with our clients, targets, intermediaries and industry groups and expand your existing network. Use your network to share communications and support lead generation and relationship building activity.
- Client development – support the Client Development team in managing key clients in your sectors and help build relationships with clients through team-on-team events, market briefings and other value added services.
- New product development – support sector groups in identifying, creating and promoting new 'products' and services to differentiate TLT and generate new revenue streams.
- Events - work with our Events Manager and central Marketing Communications team to plan and deliver a programme of events. This includes hosting industry events at our offices, exhibiting at industry conferences and conference attendance.
- Speaking opportunities – identify and secure speaking opportunies for lawyers in your sectors at key industry events.
- PR – work with our PR team and PR agency to generate opportunities with national, trade and regional press. Draft press articles, comments and opinion pieces on emerging trends in your sectors.
- Marketing materials – establish the needs of your sector groups and produce marketing materials in line with our brand guidelines.
- Legal directories - draft submissions for legal and industry directories to raise TLT's profile in your sectors.
- Website and social media – work with our Digital Communications Manager to ensure that our website and social media channels promoting your sectors as effectively as possible.
- Internal comms - ensure good internal communications regarding planned BD and marketing activities and support Sector Leaders in promoting the sector within TLT.
- Sector updates - work with our lawyers to produce clear, concise, market-focused updates in response to emerging trends and changes in the market.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Knowledge and experience within the Clean Energy sector.
- Graduate or equivalent, ideally with experience in a professional services environment.
- Enthusiastic, confident, pro-active, persistent and robust.
- Good organisational skills – able to multi-task (especially urgent requests), strong time management skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and to drive through major projects to completion.
- Able to understand the wider business issues and to generate and develop new ideas to add value to the business development process.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.