Business Development Manager (BDM) - Manchester
We are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development team in our Manchester office. In this role you will work closely with Group Leaders, Team Leaders and Sector Heads in Manchester to retain and grow existing client relationships, win new business and raise the profile of TLT in our chosen sectors and service lines.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Business Development Manager your day to day remit includes:
Strategy/Business planning/Client Relationship Management
- Working with lawyers to plan, implement and project manage focused business development activities, linking closely with the firm's national service line and sector plans
- Managing and driving forward the business development activities of the Manchester office, working closely with the wider business development team
- Developing and supporting core client relationships for the Manchester office, and the wider strategic client list
- Guiding and training lawyers in BD tools and techniques
- Working with lawyers to build and maintain a database of client contacts and details (InterAction)
- Working on client and market analysis using various internal and external research tools, systems and contacts
- Internal and external business meeting and agenda planning (special events, client meetings, and sector focus meetings, internal seminars)
- Working with the central bids team to produce effective pitch materials and help coach partners in pitch presentations
- Managing the production of marketing materials and ensuring the currency of these materials
- Assisting in the evaluation of marketing campaigns (sponsorship/advertising opportunities)
- Working closely with the PR team and trade press
- Working closely with the events and central marketing teams to design and deliver local events that meet the group's BD objectives
- Drafting annual directory submissions (Chambers, Legal 500) to raise the firm's market profile
- Creating and maintaining client mailing lists for use in publication distributions, event invitations and meeting planning
- Ensuring good internal communication regarding planned marketing and BD activity between Manchester and the other TLT offices
- Assisting with the overall flow of communication across the partner group, attending BD elements of relevant local meetings to assist the coordination of BD efforts
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Enthusiastic, confident, pro-active, persistent and robust
- Good organisational skills – able to multi-task (especially urgent requests), strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and gains respect and credibility quickly.
- Able to work well under pressure and to drive through major projects to completion.
- Able to understand the wider business issues and to generate and develop new ideas to add value to the business development process.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information quickly and an interest in learning about all facets of international capital markets would be beneficial.
- Strong relationship building skills.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.