Business Development Manager – Real Estate and Retail
We are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to support our Real Estate and Retail & Consumer Goods teams in developing client relationships, winning new business and raise our profile.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
- Strategic planning – develop and deliver BD/marketing plans and strategic business plans for your sector and business group.
- Client plans - assist our Client Engagement team and Client Relationship Partners in developing relevant client plans.
- Location plans – work closely with BD colleagues in our regional offices to ensure that sector and group plans align with location plans.
- BD budgets – develop an annual BD budget, manage spend and advise on the best use of the budget to deliver maximum ROI.
- Thought leadership – plan and develop thought leadership campaigns that position TLT as experts in your sector and service lines.
- Legal and market insights – work with our Knowledge Management, Communications and legal teams to create clear, concise, market-focused client updates.
- PR – work with our Communications team to identify and exploit opportunities to raise TLT's profile in the legal and industry press.
- Events/webinars - plan and deliver a programme of events (in-person and virtual) that engage clients, targets and intermediaries.
- Speaking opportunities – identify and secure speaking opportunities that help to raise TLT’s profile.
- Marketing materials – establish the needs of your sector and service lines and create compelling marketing materials in line with our brand guidelines.
- Legal directories and awards – work with our lawyers to draft legal directory submissions and relevant award entries.
- Website and social media – work with our Digital Communications team to promote your sector and service lines through our website and social media channels.
- Internal communications – produce regular updates and presentations on BD and marketing initiatives, new clients, significant work examples and financial performance.
- Proposals/bids – lead the development of proposals/bids and pitch presentations for your sector and service lines with support from our Bids team.
- Lead generation – actively manage a pipeline of targets and use campaigns to generate new business leads.
- Build a network – develop your own network of intermediaries, targets and client contacts and use these to share communications and support lead generation and relationship building activity.
- New product development – work with our FutureLaw team to create and promote new legal and near-legal products and services.
- Becoming a trusted advisor – to be successful in this role you will need to become a trusted advisor to partners and other fee-earners on all aspects of business development.
- Think nationally and internationally – provide seamless BD support across our UK office network and in partnership with our international alliance firms.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Experience of working in business development / marketing within a professional services environment.
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- Real Estate knowledge is desired and Retail & Consumer Goods knowledge would be advantageous.
- Enthusiastic, confident, pro-active, persistent and robust.
- Good organisational skills – able to multi-task, strong time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and gains respect and credibility quickly, especially with senior stakeholders.
- Able to work well under pressure and to drive through major projects to completion.
- Able to understand the wider business issues and to generate and develop new ideas to add value to the business development process.
- Good humoured and positive outlook.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.