Case Handler - Mortgage Enforcement
Due to continued growth we are looking for a Case Handlers to join our Mortgage Enforcement team based in our Belfast office. Working remotely, in the office or a mixture of the two, you will be acting on behalf of mortgage lenders in taking steps to enforce their security by way of possession of the mortgaged property, at all times having regard to the commercial interests of the client. You will also carry out work delegated by the Team Manager efficiently and within relevant service standards.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Case Handler your day to day remit includes:
- Carry out work allocated by Team Manager within service standards
- Taking responsibility for running own caseload as driven by case management system (Solcase)
- Complete the work allocated on a daily basis:
- Action Incoming Post
- Check new instructions opened correctly
- Check proceedings issued correctly
- Prepare relevant court documents and instruct agents/advocates where required
- Costs - return figures to clients promptly
- Take enforcement action
- Set up bailiff appointments/ejectios and advise client
- Phone calls (client, internal and 3rd party)
- E-mails (client, internal and 3rd party)
- Ensure regular communication with Team Managers regarding work related issues or problems which should be reported immediately and escalated if necessary.
- Suggesting to Team Managers improvements to the system and identifying problems
- In the absence of the Team Managers, taking responsibility with the other case handlers for ensuring that the workflows are printed and actioned together with daily post.
- Ensure billing is accurate and action unbilled disbursements accordingly
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- To demonstrate a natural empathy/affinity with Clients and a good telephone manner, with a clear diction.
- To have at least 3 months experience in a solicitor's office , preferably handling litigation matters
- To have competent numeracy and spelling skills.
- To be able to demonstrate proactivity and attention to detail.
- To demonstrate organisational and time management skills.
- To demonstrate a willingness to learn and develop in the role.
- To demonstrate a willingness to help and assist all members of the team
- To demonstrate an ability to cope with changing levels of workloads
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.