Commercial Litigation Lawyer - 6 month contract
We are currently seeking Commercial Litigation Lawyers for a 6 month contract to form part of a large scale litigation project for one of our key banking clients.
Our market-leading Financial Services Disputes and Investigations (FSDI) team is one of the UK's largest teams in the field of financial services litigation, comprising over 150 people across Bristol, Manchester, London, Belfast and Glasgow. It is rated by Chambers as being in the top tier of firms outside of London advising in this area.
The team carries out high value and complex banking litigation, defended mortgage litigation, professional negligence claims, defends claims brought by consumers and businesses, investment banking litigation, international disputes, regulatory, fraud, trade finance, and receivership instructions. We defend reputationally sensitive claims and undertake specialist projects with our clients to help to prevent claims against them in the future.
- Managing a varied workload
- Providing competent strategic and commercial legal advice across a range of disputes, including in relation to matters which are high-value, reputationally sensitive, and which can involve short-notice applications
- Running a caseload for key financial services clients including clearing banks, private banks, building societies and/or niche lenders.
- Being a valued member of the FSDI team.
- Developing strong working relationships with contacts at key financial services clients
The Ideal Candidate
You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Qualified lawyer or barrister in any jurisdiction
- NQ+ 5 years PQE
- Commercial Litigation experience
- An ability and enthusiasm to implement highly targeted and effective business development initiatives
- Experience in acting in the financial services sector in contentious matters.
- Thorough understanding of the CPR and the litigation process
- Keen to establish strong relationships with clients and deliver excellent client service
- Enthusiastic to learn and actively develop their skills
- Able to operate effectively under pressure and within a team environment
- Excellent communication and self-management skills
About the Firm
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .