Conduct Risk Officer - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
We are recruiting for a Conduct Risk Officer to join our Mortgage Enforcement team in Bristol on a 12 month fixed term contract. You will be focusing on creating and implementing a plan to meet conduct risk requirements as well as running internal audits, client audits and questionnaires. You will also be involved in the creating policies, defining our training programme and overseeing our approach to vulnerable customers. This is a full time position of 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will develop your technical and commercial skills through bespoke knowhow and development programmes ensuring you exceed all expectations. We have a flat hierarchy and you will be a highly valued member of the team and firm and we will ensure your hard work is recognised.
As a Conduct Risk Officer your day to day remit includes:
- Creating and implementing a plan to meet conduct risk requirements
- Actively monitoring requirements of clients, regulators and others to assess any impact on our current service
- Changing documents and processes to ensure they are conduct risk compliant.
- Continually assessing our delivery of conduct risk and implementing changes where necessary so that conduct risk remains embedded in our service
- Assessing and, where appropriate, changing the audit process to re-focus it on conduct risk behaviours
- Analysing the efficacy of the audits from a customer outcome perspective.
- Analysing complaints to assess how effectively they are recognised and using findings to define policies and procedures
Client audits and questionnaires
- Demonstrating our approach to conduct risk by co-ordinating responses to audits and questionnaires and presenting to clients where necessary.
- Creating and maintaining policies that have the appropriate focus on conduct risk.
- Defining and developing our training programme so that it is conduct risk focused
- Defining our approach to vulnerable customer and treating customers fairly and implementing programme to embed it in our policies and procedures
- Analysing MI of vulnerable customers and actions on those cases
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A passion for delivering good outcomes for customers and doing the right thing
- Positive and can do attitude
- A broad knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and regulatory framework
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with others
- Ability to drive improvement and come up with balanced solutions/recommendations
- Excellent time management skills and experience of managing multiple projects
- Self-starter: be able to work as individual, as part of a team and on own initiative, being able to think on their feet and develop within the role
- Ability to multi-task, manage conflicting priorities and deliver within agreed parameters, especially under pressure
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to challenge in a constructive way, and influence others to deliver processes and solutions in line with regulatory and best practice requirements
- Strong attention to detail
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.