Due to the continued success of our Construction team we are recruiting for a Construction Associate with a non-contentious background to join our Bristol office. As part of the Commercial Services Group, the specialist Construction team provides a comprehensive service to a wide ranging client base which includes property developers, contractors & consultants, investors, multi-nationals and public sector organisations. The team works closely with other TLT specialists, particularly land acquisition, development, social housing and renewable energy. The firm is committed to the development of a strong construction sector presence by the appointment of a team of diverse but committed and close knit specialist lawyers to build upon the firm's excellent client base within the construction industry. In this role you will contribute to the firm's knowledge and expertise in the construction sector and with your experience, contribute to the growth of the firm's construction practice.
In return we will invest in you. You will be given the genuine opportunity to develop your practice with a clear run for partnership. We do not operate glass ceilings; instead we have a transparent path for progression. You will receive bespoke training to help build your commercial acumen; furthermore you will receive a competitive remuneration package including a wide range of benefits.
As a Construction Associate we expect you to deliver the following:
- Build and engineer contracts and related agreements including development, management, supply and maintenance contracts
- Deliver consultants’ conditions of appointment, collateral warranties, parent company and performance guarantees and bonds
- Manage contract specification and building regulations issues
- Liaise with clients on health, safety and environmental issues
- Handle professional indemnity and public liability issues.
- Assist and where appropriate lead business development initiatives
The Ideal Candidate
TLT looks for talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. As the successful Construction Associate you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years PQE with a proven construction track record gained from a national or recognised firm
- Enthusiasm for working within the construction sector
- Highly motivated and innovative with a positive attitude
- Self-confident with initiative to manage own case load and able to contribute to a wide variety of tasks
- Commercially aware and focused on client service/business development