Construction Solicitor – 5PQE
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Construction Solicitor to join our Projects Infrastructure & Construction team in our Bristol Office. This is a further strategic appointment to continue the team's development.
In this role you will contribute to the firm's knowledge and expertise in the construction sector and with your experience, contribute to the growth of the firm's construction practice. You will be encouraged to assist in business development in order to help achieve the aspirations of the Firm to grow within in construction and the sectors in which it operates.
Part of TLT's Commercial Services Group, the Projects Infrastructure & Construction team provide a comprehensive service to a wide ranging client base which includes property developers, contractors & consultants, investors, multi-nationals and public sector organisations. The Head of the team is a well-regarded lawyer in the market. The team includes four other partners and ten other lawyers at different stages of seniority.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- Building and engineering contracts and related agreements for employer and contractor clients including commercial D&B schemes for developers and end user facilities;
- EPC energy projects of various technologies (wind, solar, biomass etc) and scales;
- Term contracts in the maintenance sector for maintenance/services contractors;
- Public procurements for central and local Government including on a national scale and overseas projects;
- Consultants’ conditions of appointment, collateral warranties and related documents including for one of the country's leading consultancies;
- Construction disputes and their resolution – whether by litigation, arbitration, adjudication, mediation or negotiation.
The team works closely with other TLT specialists, particularly land acquisition, development, social housing and renewable energy.
The firm is committed to the development of a strong construction sector presence by the appointment of a team of diverse but committed and close knit specialist lawyers to build upon the firm's excellent client base within the construction industry.
The successful candidate will be well placed to share in the future growth of the firm's construction practice. There is every potential and encouragement for rapid career progression.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of 2 years construction experience.
- A sound academic background with experience from a recognised firm.
- Enthusiasm for working within the construction sector.
- A commitment to developing the construction and the firm's wider practice.
- Self-confident with initiative to manage own case load.
- Commercially aware and focused on client service/business development.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.