Due to an increase in instructions from our clients across our Banking and Lender Services Group we are looking to expand and develop our flexible resource offering to accommodate this significant uplift in caseloads. Currently, we are operating remotely therefore all positions are flexible on location. In-line with impending legislative changes this coming April, this role falls inside IR35.
We are seeking Qualified Solicitors who will be able to support various projects throughout the business. The successful candidate will be part of a flexible resourcing solution and will specialise in contentions work for a wide range of financial institutions including major banks, niche mortgage lenders, building societies and international banks. Responsibilities will include;
- Running a significant caseload for key financial services clients
- Providing competent strategic and commercial legal advice on a range of contentious disputes and claims with supervision
- Assessing, and progressing a varied litigation caseload typically emanating from banks and mortgage lenders
- Assisting more senior solicitors, associates, legal directors and partners on larger cases and dealing with document management
Often the matters will be specifically aligned to project work coming in from particular clients but with such instructions, training will be conducted to bring successful candidates up to speed on the matters.
We are currently looking for specific skillsets that involve experience within;
- Financial Services Litigation
The Ideal Candidate
At TLT we are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
A qualified solicitor from NQ level – 8 years' PQE
• Ideally experienced in acting in the financial services sector in contentious matters (however the extent of this experience, if low, may not be a complete barrier if the candidate has the right qualities)
• Should be from a top 100 law firm, with commercial experience
• Keen to build excellent relationships with clients and deliver outstanding client service
• Keen and enthusiastic to learn and develop
• Able to operate effectively within a team environment
• Excellent communication and self-management skills
Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
The successful candidate will be part of a flexible resource pool which we will utilise in line with demand. We cannot guarantee that there will be work immediately and will post all vacant opportunities on our Flexible Resourcing platform for those who have availability to fulfil the requirement.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.