Contract Commercial Lawyer - 6 Month Contract
We have a new opportunity for a qualified Lawyer of 3+years PQE with a background in commercial law, consumer law or regulatory law to join TLT on an interim basis for an initial 6 month contract to provide. This would suit applicants from a private practice or in-house background with availability to start a new role from October 2021.
This is an excellent opportunity for a junior lawyer looking to specialise in commercial contracts, or a more experienced lawyer interested in assisting a range of busy and successful legal teams.
This is offered on a day rate basis via an umbrella company.
The role includes advising on a wide range of legal issues relating, which includes marketing and sales, commercial contracts, product-related issues and competition law.
You will be involved in the following:
- Managing the delivery of legal advice on a wide range of commercial issues and industry-related legislation, including new and impending legislation.
- Assessing and advising on relevant aspects of EU legislation and cross-border implications.
- Supporting the wider business with the provision of legal advice in relation to a broad range of regulatory, commercial and competition law issues regarding other FMCG categories.
- Responsible for drafting, negotiating and finalising contracts to formalise and clarify contractual relationships with customers and suppliers
- Working with Group Procurement to assist with the provision of supplier contracts and contract management
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking candidate with the following experience:
- UK qualified solicitor with 3-5 yrs PQE
- Must have a background in either Groceries Company or FMCG
- Previous experience gained in-house or within leading law firm in commercial or regulatory
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships at various levels
- Good understanding of regulatory law (including advertising law)
- Good understanding of commercial law, competition law and/or data protection law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional approach to all areas of work
- Strong analytical and strategic skills set
- Experience of working in a FMCG or a regulated industry, or solid experience of advising FMCG clients
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.