Contract International Trade Associate - 6 month contract
A vacancy has arisen for a qualified contract lawyer with specialist knowledge in international trade law and subsidy control to join our International Trade practice for a 6 month contract. Key clients within this practice area include the UK’s Department for International Trade and a number of other key central government departments. This role will provide exposure to some of the highest profile and most significant international trade work in the UK and internationally.
This contract is offered on a day rate basis and you must be willing to work via an umbrella company.
You will operate as an Associate within the team, working with and supporting clients such as:
- Central government departments, specifically Department for International Trade but also others
- Non-departmental public bodies
- Private sector multinationals
You will support the partners in the International Trade team, who are based in the UK and in North America, on a variety of different trade law matters. The type of work will encompass:
- International trade law, with a specific opportunity to advise on Free Trade Agreement negotiations)
- Subsidy control (under EU law, the provisions of UK-EU Trade and Cooperation Agreement and WTO regimes)
- European law
The Ideal Candidate
We are seeking candidates with 3-8 years PQE with the requisite skills and experience gained within private practice or the public sector or in-house.
- Previous experience of working with or within the public sector on subsidy control (under the current regime and/or EU State aid law)
- Previous experience of advising on EU law
- Previous experience of advising the UK Government or other sovereign governments
- Experience of advising on international trade law matters in other jurisdictions would be a strong asset although not essential
- Excellent drafting and legal analysis skills
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.