Contract Solicitor - General Commercial
We have an immediate need for Qualified candidates with 2-8 years PQE, with previous experience of working with or within the public sector on commercial and procurement matters to join our Commercial Services Team. This is initially for a 3-6 month project. The successful candidate will join our contractor resource pool but will be instantly allocated to this work stream in line with the demands of the project.
The role will provide exposure to a broad and varied range of commercial work across the public sector on a national basis to include central government departments, local authorities, housing associations and non departmental public bodies/charities
The type of work and projects that successful candidates will work on is broad and will involve advising on:
- Procurement law and practice;
- State Aid;
- Corporate and commercial law;
- Regeneration projects; and Governance.
The role will involve working with and supporting clients such as:
- Central government departments
- Non department public bodies
- Local authorities
- Housing Associations (Registered Providers)
- Private and third sector organisations providing services into the public sector
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Between 2-8 years PQE with the requisite skills and experience gained within private practice or the public sector or in house.
- Previous experience of working with or within the public sector on commercial and procurement matters
- Practical and commercial approach
- Excellent drafting and legal analysis skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients
- Ability to support on business development and tender/bid experience
- Experience of working at a large regional/national law firm on public sector matters or in the public sector would be beneficial.
Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.