This is a fantastic opportunity for a Solicitor to join our growing Corporate team in London working with major clients in the Private Equity and Venture Capital sector.
The Solicitor will be tasked with advising mid-market PE investors, venture capital firms, VCTs and ambitious management teams on their strategically important transactions.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- work on transactions which typically divide into the strategic advice and lead negotiations, key documents, ancillary documents and due diligence.
- assist with a wide variety of matters, including acting on M&A private equity and public equity transactions for listed corporates.
- work in a close knit, highly flexible team, in which there are no rigid sub-teams with all team members working with each other on a range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions and company reorganisations / joint ventures / venture capital. A specific client service team is created for each transaction, blending available skills.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- a solicitor / associate at approximately 3-6 PQE with a strong academic background and will currently be working at a highly regarded firm, with a solid reputation for corporate matters. Experience or a keen interest in corporate transactions is essential.
- excellent drafting and communication skills are essential.
- have high level analytical and logic skills to ensure the logical arrangement of materials and the optimum order of events in a complex process.
- have the ability to juggle a busy workload.
- have good communication skills (both oral and written) and be a good teamwork communicator.
- be enthusiastic, flexible and have a team approach to working.
- have a desire to learn and develop legal skills in the area of Corporate law; what TLT does and what our clients do/how they work.
- have good knowledge of Word and Outlook. Experience in Excel and Interwoven would be beneficial.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.