TLT has a nationally recognised Corporate practice and the team is building on year on year growth and success. The wider Corporate team numbers in excess of 30 fee earners including 10 Partners, many of whom are recognised by Chambers, and focuses on a broad range of M&As, private equity, turn around, capital markets and renewables work. We are looking to recruit experienced Associates in Bristol to complement the team covering any of the aforementioned areas. As we operate national service lines your client base is not limited by location and we work entirely on the basis that the best placed individual supports the client.
In addition to great quality work and as much client development activity as you can handle, we also offer:
- Personal and professional development through our recognised training programmes (in both technical and wider skill development).
- Rapid career progression – our growth enables us to reward performance more quickly than other firms. We have made up partners from internal candidates in our team, and delivered double-digit growth, in each of the last 4 years.
- An open, collaborative and flexible culture, which recognises that people perform at their best if they are happy and working in a sustainable manner.
- A chance to work in Bristol – recognised by the Sunday Times as the Best Place to Live in the UK, home to one of the largest legal communities outside of London and an internationally recognised hub for technology businesses.
- Market-leading remuneration and benefits package.
You will play an active role in developing the practice further. You will be tasked with undertaking business development initiatives for existing and potential clients and actively cross-selling practices. You will receive extensive training on this front, all of which will set you in good stead for, when appropriate, stepping up to partner level.
You will provide a premium service to our clients, ensuring the advice and support is of the highest quality. We expect you to develop into a sector expert and be viewed as a business advisor by our clients.
As outlined by our impressive track record of promotions, we place a high value on training and development. We would expect you to play a central role in developing the more junior members of the team to ensure they reach their potential.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A qualified solicitor with a minimum of 5 years post qualified experience gained within recognised, notable law firms.
- A proven track record delivering a Corporate legal service. We are open as to whether you specialise within a field such a renewables, or undertake broader M&A work.
- Drive and enthusiasm to build a practice through effective business development initiatives.
- You will be adept at cross-selling and supporting the growth of other practice areas.
- Prior supervision experience is beneficial, but not essential as full management and leadership training will be provided.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.