Corporate Tax Associate
We have an excellent opportunity for an Associate to join our Corporate Tax team in either Bristol or Manchester. As we operate national service lines your client base is not limited by location and we work entirely on the basis that the best placed individual supports the client.
In addition to great quality work and as much client development activity as you can handle, we also offer:
- Personal and professional development through our recognised training programmes (in both technical and wider skill development).
- Rapid career progression – our growth enables us to reward performance more quickly than other firms. We have made up partners from internal candidates in our team, and delivered double-digit growth, in each of the last 4 years.
- An open, collaborative and flexible culture, which recognises that people perform at their best if they are happy and working in a sustainable manner.
- Market-leading remuneration and benefits package.
As a Corporate Tax specialist, you will play an active role in developing the practice further. You will be tasked with undertaking business development initiatives for existing and potential clients and actively cross-selling practices. You will receive extensive training on this front, all of which will set you in good stead for, when appropriate, stepping up to partner level.
You will provide a premium service to our clients, ensuring the advice and support is of the highest quality. We expect you to develop into a sector expert and be viewed as a business advisor by our clients.
As a Corporate Tax Associate you can expect to provide advice on a range of Corporate Tax matters including:
- mergers and acquisitions, group restructuring and demergers, joint ventures, private equity transactions, debt funding and EIS and SEIS fund investments;
- owner managed businesses, entrepreneurs and HNWIs regarding tax efficient business and investment structures (both start up and exit planning);
- commercial and residential real estate investment (UK and inward investment), renewables transactions, land regeneration and development structures (for social housing providers, private developers and joint ventures) and landlord and tenant transactions.
As outlined by our impressive track record of promotions, we place a high value on training and development. We would expect the succesful to play a central role in developing the more junior members of the team to ensure they reach their potential.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Broad understanding of UK corporation tax, VAT and stamp duty land tax.
- Corporate support in drafting and negotiating tax provisions in share purchase and asset purchase agreements (including tax covenants and tax warranties).
- Tax planning and structuring for owner/managers on exit and start up.
- Exposure to real estate transactions and the tax implications thereof.
- An ability to give succinct legal and tax advice in an efficient manner whilst understanding (and anticipating) the commercial needs and objectives of the client.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey complex tax advice in an understandable format.
- Confident, ambitious and personable.
- Enjoys working as part of a wider team and is flexible.
- Commitment to business development.
- Strong academic background with an enthusiasm for tax law.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.