Corporate Tax Solicitor 2PQE+
We are recruiting for a Corporate Tax Solicitor with a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience to join our team based in London. Reporting to Nathan Williams, Head of Corporate Tax, you will undertake corporate and real estate tax work, advising on all the main UK taxes (including corporation tax, VAT and stamp taxes) whilst also advising on niche tax issues affecting clients of the firm operating in specific industry sectors, such as the Renewables, Retail and Leisure and Housing sectors.
In return we will invest in you. You will manage your own cases immediately and will be expected to play an integral part in business development and to achieve this you will receive bespoke, industry recognised training to ensure you build on your commercial and technical skills. We do not operate glass ceilings and you will be promoted based entirely on merit and you will be given a transparent career progression path. You will also receive a competitive remuneration package with a wide array of benefits.
As a Corporate Tax Solicitor we expect you to deliver the following:
- Advise on all the main UK taxes including corporation tax, VAT and stamp taxes
- Support a notable Corporate client base in relation to group restructuring and demergers, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, funding transactions, outsourcing and private equity/EIS and SEIS fund investments.
- Leverage work from the real Estate Group to support with real estate investment (UK and inward investment), land regeneration and development structures (for social housing providers, private developers and joint ventures) and landlord and tenant transactions.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with corporate and real estate colleagues across all of TLT offices.
- Prepare and deliver tax know how sessions for internal and external clients.
- Draft articles for publication and contributing to client updates.
The Ideal Candidate
TLT looks for talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. As the successful Corporate Tax Solicitor you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A proven track record with a minimum of 2 years corporate tax experience with a broad understanding of UK corporation tax, VAT and stamp duty land tax.
- Experience of Corporate support in drafting and negotiating tax provisions in share purchase and asset purchase agreements (including tax covenants and tax warranties).
- An ability to give succinct legal and tax advice in an efficient manner whilst understanding the commercial needs of the client.
- Confident, ambitious and personable with a strong academic background with an enthusiasm for tax law.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.