We are now recruiting for a Credit Controller to join our finance team in Bristol. You will be part of a busy team working together on different clients. Your work will be specifically focused on credit control, cash collection and work in progress management.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Credit Controller your day to day remit includes:
- Using email, letters, and telephone to contact debtors and ensure payment of outstanding invoices to reduce debtor days.
- Keeping a record of all communication with the customer, this is important when there are payment problems and the account becomes legal, these records are needed for court proceedings.
- Investigating and resolve all queries relating to non-payment of invoices.
- Sending copy invoices, credit notes, and liaise internally to progress any problems that are being handled in any other department.
- Reconcile accounts if requested
- Dealing with liquidators and ask for bad debts to written off.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- You will have previous experience of working in credit control, ideally a legal environment but not essential.
- This position would suit an individual who is driven by results and is target driven
- A polite but tenacious telephone manner along with a calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations.
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Good competence in MS Excel, Word and Outlook is essential. Knowledge of Filesite, SOS Connect and I4G would be an advantage.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.