Customer Contact Agent
We are recruiting for a Customer Contact Agent to join our Mortgage Enforcement team in Bristol. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a team who act from some of the biggest lenders in the UK. You will be working with clients and their customers to help set up solutions on their accounts with an overall objective to improve the rehabilitation rates on accounts and preventing litigation.
In return we will invest in you; we want you to be successful and develop your career with TLT and you will receive access to TLT's industry recognised training and development programmes ensuring you are provided with the tools for a successful career.
Our Customer Contact team carry out shift work between the hours of 8:30am and 6:30pm Monday to Friday.
As a collections handler your day to day remit includes:
- Proactively work on behalf of TLT's clients to work with customers currently going through repossession of their home.
- Contacting customers at key stages throughout the litigation process to gain contact to discuss the situation.
- Investigating a customer's situation to establish what has caused the arrears to look at the options and next steps of the matter. We work with customers to try to avoid the litigation.
- Working very closely with the customers to understand their financial responsibilities with a view to finding payment solutions on their accounts.
- Negotiating settlements with customers and monitor payment arrangements.
- Working through the 5 key stages with proactive outbound calls and inbound calls to establish and maintain contact with the customers and related account information.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Effective telephone communication skills with the ability to empathise and relate to the sometimes emotive conversations that take place with customers.
- Successfully build rapport with customers and negotiate affordable arrangements that will be maintained.
- Previous experience of dealing with customers via telephone within credit control, customer service, customer account management within a financial or professional services environment.
- Complete all allocated tasks within the required timeframe and to the required level of accuracy.
- Demonstrate satisfactory levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Have knowledge of and be able to use common functions of relevant computer applications with appropriate training.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.