Data Protection Associate
We are recruiting for a Data Protection Associate to join our burgeoning Data Protection team in London. Reporting to Alison Deighton, Partner you will be responsible for the delivery of advice on data protection and privacy matters to existing and new clients. The team has enjoyed significant growth in recent years and with the forthcoming implementation of GDPR we anticipate this growth to accelerate and we want you to be part of this. You will assist with business development activities in order to win new clients for TLT and to win data protection work from existing TLT clients – this will involve attending and speaking at conferences, writing articles as well as cementing existing relationships.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. We do not operate a glass ceiling approach and your career progression will be entirely merit based. We have a strong record of promotion and you will be given a bespoke and extensive training programme to ensure your career thrives with us.
As an Associate in the Data Protection & Privacy team you will advise PLCs, other large corporations and public sector bodies on all aspects of information law, including data protection, FOI, confidentiality and privacy issues. In the role we would expect you to deliver the following:
- GDPR implementation projects
- Conduct data protection audits and prepare data protection reports
- Draft data protection policies and procedures and privacy notices
- Advise on overseas data transfers and binding corporate rules
- Deliver data protection (DPA and GDPR) training
- Assist and where appropriate lead effective business development initiatives to existing and new clients
- Support and mentor junior team members
- Advise on marketing and digital media data protection issues
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A proven track record of advising and leading data protection projects
- A minimum of 4 years post qualified experience gained within a boutique or national law firm
- Outstanding technical ability, particularly within drafting policies and data processor agreements, conducting audits and advising on international data transfers
- Professional certifications such as IAPP CIPP/E and CIPM are desired
- Previous experience of working in a financial services sector and regulatory environment will be welcome
- An ability and enthusiasm to implement highly targeted and effective business development initiatives
- Prior supervision experience is beneficial, but not essential as full management and leadership training will be provided
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance. You will have discounted rates for the latest mobile phones and discounted gym memberships.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.