Data Protection Solicitor 3-5 PQE
We are recruiting for a Commercial Solicitor with sector experience within data protection, freedom of information, confidentiality and privacy issues in the UK and internationally to join our team in Glasgow.
Our services include information and communications technology procurements, development and licensing; distribution, agency, manufacturing and supply agreements, outsourcing (BPO, IPO, HRO, FM, logistics), e-commerce, m-commerce and fulfilment, sponsorship and licensing, franchising, power purchase; facilities management, merchant acquiring and payment card processing, commercials JVs and collaborations, and performance management and SLAs.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- delivery of advice on data protection and privacy matters to existing clients in all areas
- cross border data transfers
- data processing and data sharing arrangements
- implementing data governance programmes
- drafting policies and privacy notices
- marketing consent requirements
- dealing with subject access requests
- breach management
- Regulatory investigations
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- qualified solicitor with experience gained from a National or City firm with 1 – 4 years PQE.
- experience of advising on and leading data protection projects is a key requirement, including experience of advising on international data transfers, drafting privacy notices, negotiating and drafting data processor agreements and advising on marketing issues. Previous experience of advising on data protection issues in the financial services sector will be welcome and experience of conducting audits and delivering training will be an advantage.
- awareness of and good understanding of upcoming regulatory changes in the data protection sphere is expected.
- excellent communication and self-management skills.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.