Document Production Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Document Support Manager to join our team in Bristol. As part of our Knowledge Management and Document Lifecycle Services (DLS) you will be responsible for developing the strategic plan for DLS, working closely with the Head of Knowledge Management. Our Document Lifecycle Services team provide document production, amendment, finishing and trouble-shooting services to TLT's legal and non-legal teams. As the Document Support Manager you will be responsible for the operational management of this service.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Document Support Manager your day to day remit includes:
- Work with the Head of Knowledge Management to develop a strategic plan for the DLS service and implement.
- Work with the Head of Knowledge Management in reviewing and submitting annual budget.
- Promote the Document Lifecycle Services team within TLT by engaging directly with internal clients and key stakeholders in all office locations.
- Lead the development, deployment and sustainment of new processes and procedures, contingency plans and team policies.
- Manage, lead, direct and implement a Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP) with particular emphasis on service delivery and quality assurance.
- Identify areas of concern, provide solutions to improve the service and mitigate operational risks through the CIP.
- Ensure all service materials and intranet content are fit for purpose and maintained so that internal and external clients know how to engage best with the service.
- Perform a variety of document support duties such as creating, editing and manipulating legal documents and other work product if the need arises.
- Generate performance and usage reports for Head of Knowledge Management.
- Analyse workflow data and team performance to create achievable KPIs that are in line with business expectations.
- Mentor and coach direct reports, identify knowledge/skill gaps and create development plans.
- Hold regular supervision meetings and appraisals with direct reports and set objectives which are regularly reviewed and assessed.
- Operationally manage the DLS team including members of staff who work outside of standard working hours and/or remotely in other office locations.
- Manage products that enhance or support the working environment of Microsoft Office.
- Provide technical consultation on TLT projects on installation of new or development of existing software applications that require integration with Microsoft Office, TLT templates and/or styles and identifying risks and requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of 4 years managerial experience, including at least 1-2 years at operational level, in a Document Production or similar professional services environment.
- Experience of successfully managing and developing teams and supervisory tiers during periods of organisational change with positive outcomes.
- Knowledge and experience of developing and implementing continuous improvement plans.
- Experience of producing detailed and relevant reports on performance and service delivery.
- Expert knowledge of the MS Office suite including Word and Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio to provide consultancy advice in business projects.
- Have experience in using Abbyy FineReader, Workshare Compare, DocsCorp or other document comparison and conversions software.
- Be a competent user of Adobe suite packages such as InDesign and Adobe pro.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.