Document Production Specialist
We are currently recruiting for a Document Production Specialist to join our Document Lifestyle Services team in our Bristol office.
The Document Lifecycle Services (DLS) team provide document production, amendment, finishing and trouble-shooting services to TLT's legal and non-legal teams.
The DLS team is part of TLT ReSource, a shared services group, rated as 'stand-out' at the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2015; TLT ReSource is responsible for providing legal and administrative services to TLT.
The DLS team provides daytime and evening services, between the hours of 9am and 9pm working mainly for internal clients but occasionally for TLT's own clients.
As a Document Production Specialist, your day to day remit will include:
- Producing and amending, with speed and accuracy, correspondence, faxes, attachments and complex documents such as reports, deeds and agreements.
- Responsibility for the Firm's central precedent and policy library, liaising with precedent co-ordinators and policy holders to ensure all documentation is kept current.
- Creating and amending complex PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets.
- Transcribing large volumes of dictations quickly and accurately.
- Converting PDFs via conversion software or by copy typing.
- Applying TLT house style to non-TLT or converted PDF documents.
- Completing forms using Laserforms software.
- Editing, merging, redacting and/or securing PDF documentation.
- Cleaning and removing hidden metadata from TLT documents.
- Creating and amending Visio diagrams.
- Assisting with the management of our central precedent and policy document libraries.
- Performing mail merges and assisting with mass mailings.
- Undertaking finishing duties such as electronically filing documents, photocopying, scanning, binding and printing.
- Troubleshooting and providing expert technical advice.
- Designing documents using TLT branding guidelines.
- Answer telephone calls in a prompt and professional manner and take and pass on clear and concise messages.
- Supporting team members in times of low resource and/or heavy workloads
- Using and updating the work management system to provide transparency to DLS clients on the progress of their work.
- Thoroughly complete the workflow system for each job undertaken.
- Ensure documents are produced within the required timescales and flag with your line manager should you foresee any potential delays.
- Proofreading and quality checking all work to ensure it is accurate, consistent, adheres to and meets the firm's standards.
- Staying up to date with current technology and actively learning new software and other tools to maintain an advanced level of knowledge in Microsoft Office and other Firm software.
- Monitoring the DLS Inbox in the absence of DLS Team Leader or Technician.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience within a professional services environment would be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written), a good telephone manner and client service ethos are essential.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and accurately convey information.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to be flexible in managing tasks and workload on a daily basis.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative and as a team member, maintaining a professional positive attitude at all times is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suite including Word and Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience working with Visio would be beneficial.
- Experience of using track changes is essential.
- Previous experience working with legal or complex documents is essential.
- Knowledge of PDF creation and amendment software would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of version control in a document management system would be beneficial.
- Previous experience with case management systems, particularly SolCase would be beneficial.
- Training in TLT house style, advance MS Office skills, Visio and other required software will be given.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.