Document Production Technical Trainer
We are currently searching for a Document Production Technical Trainer to join our DLS team in Bristol. The Document Lifecycle Services (DLS) team provide document production, amendment, finishing and trouble-shooting services to TLT’s legal and non-legal teams. The DLS team is part of TLT ReSource, a shared services group, rated as ‘stand-out’ at the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2015; TLT ReSource is responsible for providing legal and administrative services to TLT.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Document Production Technical Trainer your day to day remit includes:
- Conducting skills gap analysis amongst the team and designing training programmes appropriate to the skills needed.
- Providing training to both new joiners within the DLS team and role specific training to all existing staff on new/updated software, tools and processes.
- Writing and developing training materials and documentation.
- Managing large and complex DLS projects including creating, distributing maintaining and reviewing tracking documentation to manage expectations and timescales.
- Designing documents using TLT branding guidelines and working closely with the BD team to help create new and/or update existing templates.
- Working with IT and Knowledge Management to develop and test templates and applications by creating test scripts and updating analysis logs.
- Providing cover and support as required to the DLS Manager or Team Leader.
- Producing and amending, with speed and accuracy, correspondence, faxes, attachments and complex documents such as reports, deeds and agreements
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Advanced experience of using track changes, multi versioned documents and comparison software and knowledge of version control in a document management system is key.
- Knowledge of PDF creation and amendment software is necessary.
- Previous experience with case management systems, particularly SolCase would be beneficial.
- Previous experience working with automated templates or MS Office styles would be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written), a good telephone manner and client service ethos are essential.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to be flexible in managing tasks and workload on a daily basis.
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio Outlook.
- Previous experience within a professional services environment and working with complex legal documents is essential.
- Proven and demonstrable experience as a Technical Trainer.
LT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.