Document Production Technician
We are currently recruiting for a Document Production Technician to join our Document Lifestyle Services team in our Bristol office
The Document Lifecycle Services (DLS) team provide document production, amendment, finishing and trouble-shooting services to TLT's legal and non-legal teams.
The DLS team is part of TLT ReSource, a shared services group, rated as 'stand-out' at the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2015; TLT ReSource is responsible for providing legal and administrative services to TLT.
The DLS team provides daytime and evening services, between the hours of 9am and 9pm working mainly for internal clients but occasionally for TLT's own clients.
- Managing large and complex DLS projects including creating, distributing maintaining and reviewing tracking documentation to manage expectations and timescales.
- Designing documents using TLT branding guidelines and working closely with the BD team to help create new and/or update existing templates.
- Responsibility for the Firm's central precedent and policy library, liaising with precedent co-ordinators and policy holders to ensure all documentation is kept current.
- Troubleshooting and providing expert technical advice on all Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word) and DocsCorp packages
- To monitor DLS Inbox in the absence of DLS Manager.
- Use and update the work management system to provide transparency to DLS clients on the progress of their work.
- Manage team tasks in line with the agreed SLAs.
- Proofread and quality check all work to ensure it is accurate, consistent, adheres to and meets the firm's standards.
- Contribute to the DLS Ways of Working and champion TLT house style.
- Supporting junior team members in times of low resource and/or heavy workloads
- Providing cover and support as required to the DLS Manager or Team Leader.
- Creating and delivering training material and guidance to the team and wider business
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio Outlook.
- Previous experience within a professional services environment and working with complex legal documents is essential.
- Advanced experience of using track changes, multi versioned documents and comparison software and knowledge of version control in a document management system is key.
- Knowledge of PDF creation and amendment software is necessary.
- Previous experience with case management systems, particularly SolCase would be beneficial.
- Previous experience working with automated templates or MS Office styles would be beneficial.
- Training in TLT house style and other required software will be given.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written), a good telephone manner and client service ethos are essential.
- The ability to clearly and accurately convey information.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to be flexible in managing tasks and workload on a daily basis.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative and as a team member, maintaining a professional positive attitude at all times is essential
- Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.