Document Production Specialist
The Document Lifecycle Services (DLS) team provide document production, amendment, finishing and trouble-shooting services to TLT's legal and non-legal teams.
The DLS team is part of TLT ReSource, a shared services group, rated as 'stand-out' at the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2015; TLT ReSource is responsible for providing legal and administrative services to TLT.
The DLS team provides daytime and evening services, between the hours of 9am and 9pm working mainly for internal clients but occasionally for TLT's own clients.
- Producing and amending, with speed and accuracy, correspondence, attachments and complex documents such as reports, deeds and agreements.
- Creating and amending PowerPoint presentations.
- Transcribing large volumes of dictations quickly and accurately.
- Converting PDFs via conversion software or by copy typing.
- Applying TLT house style to non-TLT or converted PDF documents.
- Editing, merging, redacting and/or securing PDF documentation.
- Cleaning and removing hidden metadata from TLT documents.
- Creating and amending Visio diagrams.
- Troubleshooting and providing technical advice.
- Thoroughly complete the workflow system for each job undertaken.
- Ensure documents are produced within the required timescales.
- Proofreading and quality checking all work to ensure it is accurate, consistent, adheres to and meets the firm's standards.
- Staying up to date with current technology and actively learning new software and other tools to maintain an advanced level of knowledge in Microsoft Office and other Firm software.
- Monitoring the enquiries inbox.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience within a professional services environment would be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written), a good telephone manner and client service ethos are essential.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to clearly and accurately convey information.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to be flexible in managing tasks and workload on a daily basis.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative and as a team member, maintaining a professional positive attitude at all times is essential.
- Sound knowledge of the MS Office suite including Word and Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience working with Visio would be beneficial.
- Experience of using track changes is essential.
- Previous experience working with legal or complex documents is essential.
- Knowledge of PDF creation and amendment software would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of version control in a document management system would be beneficial
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.