Employment Associate - London - 6+ PQE
Due to continued growth and panel wins, we are recruiting for an Associate to join our national Employment Team in Bristol, Manchester or London.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an Associate from five years PQE to take a key role in a team with real strength in depth. We are ranked as a “National Leader” in Chambers and Partners and have 26 solicitors in the team, including eight partners.
We combine cutting edge/strategic expertise on complex advisory work (particularly TUPE, large scale re-organisations, discrimination, equal pay and whistle-blowing, restrictive covenants, and trade unions and industrial relations), with responsive and user friendly support on "business as usual" issues. We can also draw on the expertise of our established pensions and share schemes teams.
You will be part of a supportive and collegiate national team. We want you to be successful and will invest in you. Through our national service line you will work with experienced partners and blue chip clients in a diverse range of sectors. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
You will work on a high quality, varied caseload, working closely with partners and other team members but with high levels of autonomy and responsibility. The broad work is split as follows:
- Employment tribunal claims (almost exclusively acting for Respondents)
- Helping employers manage issues in the workplace such as disciplinaries, grievances, and restructuring and redundancies
- Providing employment law support on corporate deals and outsourcing contracts
- Some work on enforcement of restrictive covenants / confidentiality (we work with our litigation colleagues on these matters)
- Some advice on industrial relations and collective issues (previous experience of this would be helpful but is not essential)
- Business development
- Supporting client relationship management
- If not London based, occasional travel to London may be required post Covid-19
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be an ambitious candidate, able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Strong academic and professional background, ideally at a leading national firm or a city law firm and seeking a role where you can perhaps be a bigger player than you might be at your present firm and make more of an impact
- Enthusiasm for employment law and the ability to give advice in a commercial context
- Experience of advising large private sector employers and ideally in house employment lawyers
- Strong client handling skills with the ability to instil confidence in clients
- Attention to detail, whilst managing and assimilating wide ranging and complex facts
- Ability to give ‘off the fence’ pragmatic advice based on experience
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.