Employment Lawyer - Senior Level
Reflecting the growth of our London office, we are now recruiting for an additional senior fee earner to be based in London as part of our wider national Employment Team. Subject to experience, appointment will be at the level of Partner or Legal Director (but in effect partner designate).
This is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious employment lawyer (from 8+ years PQE) wishing to take the next step in their career by taking on a senior role in a top tier Employment team to support the growth of our Employment offer in London.
In particular the role will involve-
- Working with our existing (very busy) senior Employment partner in London
- Working with partners in the wider London office including cross selling and supporting our strong presence in the financial services market
- Working in the wider London market including drawing on your own existing contacts and profile
- Supporting and working with the wider national Employment team
The Employment team at TLT operates very much as a single team across Bristol, Manchester, London, Glasgow and Belfast.
In recent years the national team has exhibited strong growth across all our locations. We are ranked as a “National Leader” in Chambers and Partners and have 38 lawyers in the team, including eight partners.
Our client base is impressive, and growing, with many household names and bolstered by a string of recent panel wins.
We combine cutting edge/strategic expertise on complex advisory work (particularly TUPE, large scale re-organisations, discrimination, equal pay and whistle-blowing, restrictive covenants, and trade unions and industrial relations), with responsive and user-friendly support on "business as usual" issues.
Working with the firm’s Future Law team, we embrace technology as a tool for enhanced client service delivery.
We can also draw on the expertise of teams specialising in pensions, share schemes, employee tax and corporate immigration.
The Ideal Candidate
- be a partner or senior associate in a leading London employment team
- have substantial experience of advising large corporates, including liaison with board level HR, general counsel and in-house employment counsel
- have a proven track record in business development and developing strong client relationships
- have experience in several of our target sectors (clean energy, digital, financial services, leisure food and drink, public sector, real estate and retail and consumer goods) including ideally financial services
- be committed to team working and a progressive working environment
The position will be full time or 0.8 FTE. We are very open to hybrid working.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed.
TLT has been awarded the ‘Best Law Firm for Partner Approachability 2021’ from the recent Legal Cheek Awards.
So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.