Employment Solicitor 2-4 PQE
We are recruiting for an experienced Employment Solicitor to join our Team in Belfast.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a solicitor with ideally 2+ PQE, to work in a team with real strength in depth. We have 26 solicitors, including eight partners, many of whom are ranked in Chambers, across the growing national employment team. This opportunity is as a result of expansion with the current Belfast team requiring additional fee-earning support.
We combine cutting edge/strategic expertise on complex advisory work (particularly trade union and industrial relations, TUPE, large scale re-organisations, whistle blowing and restrictive covenants), with cost effective support on "business as usual" issues. We handle a large number of Employment Tribunal claims nationally for a wide range of clients on the full spectrum of employment law issues. We can also draw on the expertise of our established pensions and share schemes teams and increasingly use FutureLaw solutions for our clients.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will work on a high quality but varied caseload, working closely with the Legal Director in Belfast and other team members locally and nationally. The work is split as follows:
- employment tribunal claims (almost exclusively acting for Respondents)
- helping employers manage issues in the workplace such as disciplinaries, grievances, restructuring and redundancies
- providing employment law support in corporate deals and outsourcing contracts, contract drafting and client training
- enforcement of post termination restrictive covenants
- advice on industrial relations and collective issues
- drafting of contracts of employment, consultancy agreements, staff handbooks, settlement agreements and other employment related documentation
- business development including training and seminars.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- enjoy working in a team-based environment, and demonstrate the ability to work with a range of fee earners across different geographic locations
- have the ability to demonstrate or develop strong client handling skills
- have an enthusiasm for employment law and the ability to give advice in a commercial context
- have a strong academic and training / professional background
- have some experience of advising, or supporting others in advising, large private sector employers.
- have an enthusiasm for building and developing client relationships and taking part in BD activity to further grow the Belfast team
- be, or be prepared to apply to be, qualified in England and Wales as well as Northern Ireland.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.