Employment Solicitor 2PQE
We have an excellent opportunity for an Employment Solicitor to join our growing Bristol office. You will be responsible for advising and supporting clients and individuals on a range of Employment issues.
TLT's employment team is one of the largest employment teams in the UK and one of very few to have on the ground presence in the three UK jurisdictions of Scotland, England & Wales and Northern Ireland. There is a genuine “one team” culture across UK with shared clients and objectives. We are one of very few firms offering resident employment expertise in both Scotland and England.
The team has real strength in depth. We have 21 solicitors, including seven partners, four of whom are ranked in Chambers.
We combine cutting edge/strategic expertise on complex advisory work (particularly trade union and industrial relations, TUPE, large scale re-organisations, whistle blowing and restrictive covenants), with cost effective support on "business as usual" issues.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- Employment tribunal claims (predominantly acting for Respondents)
- Helping employers manage issues in the workplace such as disciplinaries, grievances, restructuring and redundancies
- Providing employment law support in corporate deals and outsourcing contracts, contract drafting and client training
- Enforcement of post termination restrictive covenants
- Drafting of contracts of employment, consultancy agreements, staff handbooks, settlement agreements and other employment related documentation
- Business development including training and seminars.
The Ideal Candidate
TLT looks for talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, willingness to embrace team working and 'think firm,' and a passion for client service. The successful Employment Solicitor will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Enjoy working in a team-based environment
- Own 2 years PQE experience or thereabouts
- Strong client handling skills and be able to instil client confidence
- An enthusiasm for employment law but the ability to give advice in a commercial context
- An excellent academic background
- Substantial experience of advising large private sector employers.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.