We have an excellent opportunity for an Employment Solicitor to join our growing Glasgow office. You will be responsible for advising and supporting clients and individuals on a range of Employment issues.
TLT's employment team is very much a national practice, with team members based in Bristol, Manchester, Glasgow and London.
We are one of very few firms offering resident employment expertise in both Scotland and England.
The team has real strength in depth. We have 21 solicitors, including seven partners, four of whom are ranked in Chambers.
We combine cutting edge/strategic expertise on complex advisory work (particularly trade union and industrial relations, TUPE, large scale re-organisations, whistle blowing and restrictive covenants), with cost effective support on "business as usual" issues.
In return you will be offered a competitive remuneration package and have the genuine opportunity to build your career within a growing firm. You will also have access to TLT's industry recognised training and development programme to ensure you are equipped with the skills to have a successful career in law.
As an experienced Employment Solicitor you will have your own high quality but varied caseload and will work closely with the partners and other team members in the following matters:
- Employment tribunal claims (predominantly acting for Respondents)
- Helping employers manage issues in the workplace such as disciplinaries, grievances, restructuring and redundancies
- Providing employment law support in corporate deals and outsourcing contracts, contract drafting and client training
- Enforcement of post termination restrictive covenants
- Drafting of contracts of employment, consultancy agreements, staff handbooks, settlement agreements and other employment related documentation
- Business development including training and seminars.
The Ideal Candidate
TLT looks for talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, willingness to embrace team working and 'think firm,' and a passion for client service. The successful Employment Solicitor will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Enjoy working in a team-based environment
- Own 2 years PQE experience or thereabouts
- Strong client handling skills and be able to instil client confidence
- An enthusiasm for employment law but the ability to give advice in a commercial context
- An excellent academic background
- Substantial experience of advising large private sector employers.
Our research shows that our clients and our employees would describe us as energetic, entrepreneurial & driven.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday plus public holidays (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.