Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Advisor
We are currently recruiting for a ED&I Advisor to be based at our Bristol Head Office.
The ED&I&W team works within Organisational Development alongside the other HR functions to deliver a proactive and efficient HR service. Reporting into the ED&I&W Manager, you will be supporting the implementation of TLT’s ED&I strategy as set by EDI&W Manager to deliver the HR People Strategy, including all planning, activity development and delivery with the appropriate KPI setting and monitoring, You will be the knowledge expert and go-to person on diversity and inclusion-related queries and support.
As ED&I Advisor your day to day remit includes:
- Organise and maintain the D&I intranet pages, ensuring that information is up to date, and provide input on external pages where appropriate.
- Be a vital link into our internal employee networks to ensure they are supported and empowered.
- Partner with other HR and Business Services teams to mainstream diversity and inclusion across the employee lifecycle, as well as internal communications to advance the ED&I message.
- Embed the business case for ED&I across the firm by working with, and influencing, legal teams and key stakeholders on the benefits of diversity to commercial success.
- Design and produce engaging ED&I communications aligned to our strategy that empowers our people, emboldens our managers and leaders and connects us to our clients.
- Develop and manage relationships with key professional bodies and strategic partners to ensure we keep up to date with the latest thinking and market trends for ED&I inside and outside the legal sector.
- Represent TLT externally on working groups and forums where appropriate and contribute to the sharing of best practice and any accompanying learnings.
- Complete external benchmarking activities by collating data to confirm "best in class" status to drive the TLT brand as the most inclusive employer.
- Contribute to TLT’s commercial goals by providing D&I related data, insight and expertise in client tenders and supporting the relevant Business Development personnel as needed.
- Support the ED&I&W Manager in ensuring all D&I related compliance activities (reporting and learning) are designed, developed and delivered to meet standards and where appropriate raise awareness.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Passionate about all things equality with a strong knowledge of legislation and employment law linked to equality, diversity and inclusion and a core understanding of ED&I market trends
- Experience in ED&I implementing innovative ED&I strategies and activities across multiple locations advantageous
- Awareness and understanding of barriers to attraction, retention and performance and ability to implement strategies and policies to remove
- Commercial with strong relationship management skills and professional gravitas
- Strong analytical, data manipulation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of organisational development / behaviour change techniques and project and programme methodologies
- Creative and engaging communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiples tasks and stakeholders at any one time and deliver consistently and with quality.
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently whilst under pressure and adapt to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Be able to use own initiative, looking for solutions and improvements where necessary.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com .
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.