FSDI Solicitor NI
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Solicitor to join our growing Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team in Belfast working with major clients in the banking sector.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
- Supervision of solicitors responsible for drafting complex customer outcomes, including responding to queries about banking terms, products and issues;
- Review of draft letters for legal issues, house style, grammar, and terminology, proving feedback to junior solicitors;
- Reviewing, updating and responding to key management information;
- Liaising with client about feedback and implementing process and style changes;
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
The ideal candidate will be tasked with handling a caseload of banking and mortgage litigation cases including defended and sensitive reputational cases, breach of contract/mandate, breach of duty and fraud. A good knowledge of financial services litigation or alternatively a good all round general commercial litigation knowledge is essential for this role.
- Ideally experienced in acting in either the financial services sector or alternatively has excellent all round commercial litigation experience of a wide variety of areas
- Have an excellent academic and professional background, ideally with training / commercial experience from a top 100 law firm
- Essential to have a good working knowledge of court procedure and the CPR
- Keen to establish excellent relationships with clients and deliver excellent client service
- Keen and enthusiastic to learn and develop
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
TLT NI LLP is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Joshua Larcombe on Joshua.Larcombe@TLTsolicitors.com.