Facilities Assistant - Post
We are recruiting for a Facilities Assistant to join our Facilities team in Bristol. You will join a busy Facilities team who are responsible for delivering an accurate and timely service to our lawyers and legal support teams throughout the Bristol office. The Facilities department are responsible for the smooth running of many of the day to day activities for all of the teams within TLT, this position will have a particular focus on the reprographics service that the department offers both internally and externally.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Facilities Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Process, envelope and frank all mail daily including recorded and special deliveries ahead of evening collections (Royal Mail & DX).
- Maintain the franking machine and scanners being the first point of contact for reporting faults, maintenance, adding credit and ordering franking supplies.
- Open, sort, reference and scan incoming Royal Mail and DX mail each day in a timely fashion.
- Provide a prompt internal post delivery and collection service to all TLT employees at designated times throughout the day and as required, collecting and delivering same throughout the office.
- Collect boxes and weigh them for TLT employees to go out special delivery or if required for a courier collection
- Undertake hand deliveries out of the office as required.
- Answer and action effectively telephone calls and emails to the Facilities team from internal and external customers and suppliers
- Change toners and waste toners for all floors when required
- Collect boxes for other Facilities teams when needed
- Faxing to include retrieving faxes and delivering to teams
- Support all office moves, fit outs and equipment relocations (occasional out of hours work may be required)
- Dealing with physical tasks such as collecting and moving boxes/files.
- Notify the Facilities team of issues noticed around the floors
- Overtime will be available dealing with opening early morning post from 7am – 9am
Health & Safety
· Set an example of best practice in all duties and adhere to the Firm's Health & safety policy and procedures
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and appearance at all times, demonstrating strong communication skills, confidence, assertiveness and a proactive approach in all aspects of day to day working.
- Support fellow Facilities team members when there are peaks in workloads and absence cover. Assist with any other ad-hoc duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- General office administration skills ideally in a Facilities related environment.
- Ability to work to strict time deadlines, good time keeping and punctuality.
- High level of customer service and the ability to deal professionally and calmly with external and internal clients at all levels, face to face, via email and on the phone
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to organise and prioritise own work.
- Flexible approach with capacity to take on a variety of tasks working across all aspects of Facilities
- Manual handling skills to be able to lift heavy loads.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Common sense approach to problem solving.
- IT skills with knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel is essential.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.