We are recruiting for a Facilities Assistant to join our Facilities team in Glasgow. You will join a busy Facilities team who are responsible for delivering an accurate and timely service to our lawyers and legal support teams throughout the Glasgow office. The Facilities department are responsible for the smooth running of various day to day activities including post, archiving, document services, security, health & safety and many other support functions.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Facilities Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Process, envelope and frank all mail daily including recorded and special deliveries ahead of evening collections (Royal Mail and DX).
- Maintain the franking machine being the first point of contact for reporting faults, maintenance, adding credit and ordering franking supplies.
- Open, sort, reference and scan incoming Royal Mail and DX mail each day.
- Provide a prompt internal post delivery and collection service to all TLT employees at designated times throughout the day and as required, collecting and delivering same throughout the office.
- Undertake hand deliveries out of the office as required.
- Answer and action effectively telephone calls and emails to the Facilities team from internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Responsible for all stationary stock, weekly ordering and replenishment and maintaining all service areas.
- Change toners and waste toners for all floors and keep printers and copiers topped up with paper.
- Undertake all aspects of reprographics support including photocopying, printing, scanning, laminating and binding. Including assisting with the production/copying of Court bundles and marketing materials.
- Faxing including retrieving faxes and delivering to teams.
- Assist with daily banking.
- Support all office moves, fit outs and equipment relocations (occasional out of hours work may be required).
- Dealing with physical tasks such as collecting and moving files/boxes.
- Undertake weekly floor walks to maintain general office housekeeping, to identify any maintenance, repair or Health & Safety related work required.
- Escalate and monitor the requirement of any issues identified from floor walks.
- Notify the Landlord’s building management team of issues and monitor response and actions to completion.
- Maintain security arrangements around the office including regular key audits.
- Liaise with storage providers for arranging storage and retrieval of all client files and archived documents using the appropriate software packages including delivery of requested archive retrieval documents.
- Maintenance of accurate records of all archived documents.
- Assist with file destruction in accordance with the Firms' procedures and policies.
Health & Safety
- Set an example of best practice approach in all duties and adhere to the Firm's Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Maintain COSHH records including stock sheets, manufactures safety data sheets and risk assessments.
- Coordinate and administer the DSE self-risk assessment forms and escalate issues to the Office Manager.
Reception (absence and daily lunchtime cover)
- Effective management of telephone calls, e-mails and face to face contact with internal clients.
- Create a welcoming environment and provide a professional front of house service to visitors and people contacting the Firm and all TLT staff.
- Set up IT equipment including laptops, plasma screens, DVDs, video conferencing and presentations for meetings.
- Support meeting room users and serve refreshments and lunches.
- Book catering for the conference suite with our preferred suppliers.
- Allocated conference rooms efficiently and accurately maintain the booking system.
- Liaise with security for the arrival and departure of visitors.
- Maintain conference rooms ensuring rooms are cleared, clean and set up for the next meeting.
- Complete internal request forms for hotels, travel and couriers and forward to the Procurement team for action.
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and appearance at all times, demonstrating strong communication skills, confidence, assertiveness and a proactive approach in all aspects of day to day working.
- Support fellow Facilities team members when there are peaks in workloads and absence cover. Assist with any other ad-hoc duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- General office administration skills ideally in a Facilities related environment.
- Ability to work to strict time deadlines, good time keeping and punctuality.
- High level of customer service and the ability to deal professionally and calmly with external and internal clients, at all levels, face to face, via email and on the telephone.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to organise and prioritise own work.
- Flexible approach with capacity to take on a variety of tasks working across all aspects of Facilities.
- Manual handling skills to be able to lift heavy loads.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Common sense approach to problem solving.
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel is essential.
- Health & Safety and risk assessment experience desirable.
- Archiving experience.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com . Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.