We are currently recruiting for a Facilities Assistant to join our busy London office. This role is part of the Facilities team working closely with all areas of the Firm. Facilities are responsible for the smooth running of various day to day activities including switchboard, conference suite, maintenance, catering, post, archiving, document services, office moves, security, health & safety and many other support functions.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Facilities Assistant, your remit will include:
- Undertake the processing of all external mail and provide an efficient and prompt post-delivery and collection service to all TLT employees at designated times as required.
- Process incoming and outgoing recorded and special deliveries ensuring there is an audit trail to be able to track their whereabouts should it be needed.
- Responsible for all stationery stock, weekly ordering and replenishment and maintaining all service areas.
- Assist with daily banking when required.
- Delivering Court Papers to the Law Courts as and when required.
- Assist with file destruction in accordance with the Firms' procedures and policies.
- Assist with the moving of archive boxes, following through the full process until they are stored externally. Ensuring a full audit trail is left when archiving to allow future file recalls with ease.
- Support fellow Facilities team members when there are peaks in workloads and absence cover. Assist with any other ad-hoc duties as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- General office administration skills ideally in a Facilities related environment.
- Archiving experience ideally within a Law firm or similar business.
- Ability to work to strict time deadlines, good time keeping and punctuality.
- High level of customer service and the ability to deal professionally and calmly with external and internal clients, at all levels, face to face, via email and on the telephone.
- Self-motivated and able to organise and prioritise own work.
- Flexible approach with capacity to take on a variety of tasks working across all aspects of Facilities.
- Manual handling skills to be able to lift heavy loads.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Common sense approach to problem solving.
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel is essential.
- Health & Safety and risk assessment experience desirable.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.