We are recruiting for a Regional Facilities Manager to join our Bristol office. You will be part of the IT & Facilities group reporting to the Head of Facilities and working closely with Regional Heads, Office Managers, Risk and IT teams. Facilities are responsible for the smooth running of various day to day activities including switchboard, the conference suites, catering, post, archives, document services, office moves, maintenance, security, health & safety and many other support functions.
The successful candidate will support the Head of Facilities with the management and operation of the Firms offices to create well-managed and safe work spaces for the TLT partners, employees, clients, contractors and visitors.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Facilities Manager your day to day remit includes:
- Coaching, motivating and leading Facilities staff to ensure a professional customer service led approach and style is adhered to by the team providing a smart, polite, friendly and customer focused service to partners, staff, clients and suppliers. This includes the ability to communicate at all levels in person, via telephone and in written form through emails.
- Proactively demonstrating adherence to various internal and external regulations and standards including Health and Safety, Accessibility, Environmental, ESOS, ISO27001, ISO9001 and Clear desk.
- Regularly visiting the Firm's offices and liaise and assist the Office Manager in each to maintain their buildings with your guidance while supporting and managing maintenance and repair works required for the offices.
- Working effectively with Procurement team and a range of specialist consultants and suppliers to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Support arrangements for emergency evacuation, fire and first aid ensuring Business Continuity taking an active role in the event of an emergency.
- Undertaking physical security, H&S and environmental audits at all offices, making recommendations for improvement and implement change as agreed with the Head of Facilities.
- Coordinating energy information, preparing ESOS submissions and making recommendations on how energy management can be improved across the Firm.
- Setting an example of best practice approach in all duties and adhere to the Firm's H&S policy and procedures.
- Undertaking and maintain risk assessments for as part of the delivery of projects, office relocations, refurbishments and churn moves while supporting the Head of Facilities with the management of a sub contracted H&S Manager and services.
- Identifying and assessing a wide variety of risks and in some incidences finding creative ways to mitigate these risks, in conjunction with the H&S Manager.
- Attending the H&S committee and review meetings and support the H&S Manager to ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and prioritisation of H&S actions.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
•Knowledge and experience of the facilities management industry as well as the delivery of projects and churn moves.
•Previous facilities experience working with a UK multi-site work force, ideally in a law firm or similar environment.
•A strong background working in a facilities environment, typically gained through 10 or more years’ experience.
•Ideally currently holds a NEBOSH Diploma or certification in relevant discipline or equivalent. IOSH Managing Safety will also be desirable along with excellent project management, FM skills and experience.
•Proven knowledge and understanding of Health and safety processes and procedures.
•Experience of line management and supervision of staff.
•Excellent organisation and prioritisation of own and team tasks and responsibilities.
•Excellent people skills with the ability to deal with Partners, employees and suppliers face to face and on the telephone and able to take control of emergency situations, remain calm and put people at ease.
•Flexible approach with capacity to take on a variety of tasks working across all aspects of the wider Facilities team and undertaking other Facilities duties as required.
•Manual handling skills to be able to lift heavy loads.
•Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
•Common sense approach to problem solving with positive solutions.
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact Tom Pegg on tom.pegg@TLTsolicitors.com. Or if you prefer our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Tanya Williams on email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.