We are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join our busy Finance team in Bristol. You will report to the Finance Manager with duties including, but not limited to, compliance of SAR's, making payments, risk compliance, adhering to our internal payment policies, and ensuring client funds are protected. Our Finance Team is a centralised team of 16 staff who sit alongside our Credit Control and Reporting departments.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will receive a bespoke, on-going training programme to ensure you develop your commercial and technical skills to allow you to deliver the varied workload to a high standard. As a member of our Support team you will be a vital part of our continued success. There isn't an "us and them" mentality and you will be recognised for your hard work and support.
As a Finance Assistant your day to day remit includes:
- Checking and inputting of payments by BACS / CHAPS and FP out of the firm’s various bank accounts
- Ensuring funds are clear before making any payments, and that all appropriate due diligence has been undertaken on the payee
- Posting all payments onto the firms accounting software
- Issuing cheques to be printed at the firm’s various locations around the country
- Checking of the payment’s templates, to ensure the payee list is upto date and relevant
- Checking and authorising payments made by other team members
- Writing back any unpresented, out of date cheques, cancel at the bank and request resubmission / correction
- Assist the Finance Supervisor with any ad hoc duties
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Have previous experience of working within a busy finance department
- Experience of working with various banking software applications
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Be competent in all Microsoft office applications, specifically excel
- Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Have strong communication skills
- Be able to think laterally to solve problems within an evolving finance team
- Previous Knowledge of SRA Accounts Rules advantageous
TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate. We welcome applications from people with disabilities and as a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to providing reasonable adjustments, where necessary, to make interviews and jobs more accessible. Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact the recruitment team on HR-Recruitment@TLTsolicitors.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.