Financial Disputes Solicitor
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Solicitor to join our growing Financial Services Disputes and Investigations team in Bristol working with major clients in the banking sector.
We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Running a significant caseload for key financial services clients
- Providing competent strategic and commercial legal advice upon a range of contentious disputes and claims with supervision
- Assessing, and progressing a varied litigation caseload typically emanating from banks and mortgage lenders
- Assisting more senior solicitors, associates Learning Directors and partners on larger cases and dealing with document management
- Be actively involved in business development activities with clients and potential clients
- Be actively involved in the production of legal updates and knowhow development
- Some supervision opportunities may be available in respect of trainee solicitors and other members of the team
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
The ideal candidate will be tasked with handling a caseload of banking and mortgage litigation cases including defended and sensitive reputational cases, breach of contract/mandate, fraud, receivership advice and financial disputes.
Ideally you will demonstrate the following:-
- A qualified solicitor from NQ level – 3 years' PQE
- Ideally experienced in acting in the financial services sector in contentious matters
- Should be from a top 100 law firm, with commercial experience
- Keen to establish excellent relationships with clients and deliver excellent client service
- Keen and enthusiastic to learn and develop
- Able to operate effectively within a team environment
- Excellent communication and self-management skills
Should you have any difficulty during the recruitment process, require any reasonable adjustments or an application to Access to work please contact our dedicated Diversity and Corporate Responsibility Advisor, Joshua Larcombe at: Joshua.email@example.com
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.