Financial Services Regulatory Solicitor
We are recruiting for a Junior Solicitor to join our Financial Services Regulatory Team in London.
Our award-winning and highly regarded financial services regulatory practice, primarily based in London, is looking to grow and expand.
We act for many household names and also for investment managers, insurance intermediaries, building societies, pension providers, finance houses, credit brokers and debt purchasers.
We are looking for junior lawyers to join our team of specialists. We are forward thinking, innovative and market leading. We have strong links with regulators and industry/trade business. We author or edit many practitioner texts.
We are often instructed by clients on sensitive regulatory issues. We regularly win mandates for work from larger and more established firms. We are often asked by our clients to collaborate with lawyers in magic and silver circle firms.
In return we will invest in you. We want you to be successful. You will manage your own caseloads ensuring your experience is varied and broad. Through our national service lines you will work with notable clients and become a sector specialist. You will receive bespoke training throughout your career ensuring you have the technical and commercial skills to build an effective and successful practice.
Once you are in the role of Solicitor you will deliver the following:
- Regulatory processes- authorisation, variation of permission, change of control, individual approvals and Principle 11 notifications;
- Existing and proposed changes to financial services legislation such as FSMA, MiFID II, Insurance Distribution Directive, PSD2 etc;
- All retail aspects of the FCA and PRA Handbooks of Rules and Guidance and in particular, systems and controls, conduct of business and FCA firm supervision rules;
- Drafting compliance and risk management policies and procedures;
- Regulatory aspects of product design, structuring and distribution; and
- Cross-jurisdictional regulatory issues.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
- Technical excellence in FSR law.
- Strong networking and business development ability.
- Knowledge of the client money rules, self-invested personal pensions, investment management, wealth issues and funds would be particularly welcome.
- Have an enthusiasm for FSR law and the ability to give advice in a commercial context
- Have an excellent academic and professional background, ideally with training / experience at a Top 50 or city law firm
- TLT is committed to creating a diverse working environment and encourages applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of any of the characteristics protected by the laws in the locations in which we operate.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a competitive basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Firm
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.